Sunday, September 27, 2009

new updates...

Okay, everyone... I've discovered a lot of new stuff since my last post...

I bought a blender yesterday... no, it's not a BlendTec, or anything, but it works just as well, for a cheap price ($25!).  Since then, I've been making tons of smoothies and milkshakes.  Milkshakes are actually better with soy milk.  (I like soy milk better anyway).  Today, I tried a green smoothie, using greens (I used romaine), and it didn't turn out too great.  Maybe I didn't do it right... Not sure...

I've also found that the Food Lion here has a TON of vegetarian/vegan-friendly foods, to my surprise.  To my knowledge, there aren't many vegans here in Irmo, SC.... I even found Vegenaise.  Really surprising.  Whilst adventuring through the forests of Food Lion, I realized that in every aisle, they have a natural/organic section, which has the veg versions of the stuff on the aisle... Pretty amazing.  The organic produce was actually cheaper than the non-organic.  Most organic foods here are more expensive, unless you buy from a local farmer's market.  The only farmers market here, is about a 30 minute drive from where I live.  Not too bad...

I've even started using organic shampoo and conditioner.  Teatree mint by Organix has a good kind.  Their products are NOT tested on animals, and really good for your hair.  They are quite a bit more expensive than regular shampoos... but I figured anything was worth trying once...  I've started using Aveeno lotions... mainly because they're nautral.  I'm not too sure if their products are tested on animals... I'll research that one.

Take care, everyone!

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment