Saturday, September 26, 2009

two wonderful recipes!

I have two wonderful recipes to share with everyone.  They are both vegetarian, not vegan... but I'm sure many vegetarians will LOVE these delicious recipes.

Last night, for supper, I made portabella burgers.  I used the portabella mushroom as a replacement for a meat patty.  I then sauteed them in a hot pan with lots of margarine.  You'd be surprised, margarine gives portabellas a wonderful flavor.  I then layered the portabella on the bun, along with provolone cheese, lettuce, tomato, and cucumber slices.  It was very filling and energizing.

This morning, I made a breakfast burrito.  I used a flour tortilla (whole wheat is also acceptable) in this recipe.  I then scrambled 2 eggs, and added shredded cheddar cheese, and I cooked it on warm until the cheese was melted.  I heated my tortilla in a warm skillet, and sprinkled some shredded cheese on the tortilla until melted.  I then put the cheesy scrambled eggs on top of it... and folded the tortilla as you would a burrito.  Serve with salsa and a sliced orange.

Even though these recipes are NOT vegan... I still think that they're a wonderful way to enjoy a vegetarian diet!

Here are some helpful websites:




Take care, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment