This is my first entry on this particular blog. I'm new in the vegetarian community. Today marks my 3rd day into vegetarianism, and I'm sooo proud! I'm going to explain my reasons for choosing this life-changing decision.
1. I've seen animal suffering and exploitation, and it bothers me.
2. I've been wanting to become a vegan for a long time now, and finally decided to do it.
3. I have never really eaten that much meat anyways, so I knew that it wouldn't be a difficult adjustment.
4. Every time I look at meat now, I get slightly disgusted.
5. Health reasons: Heart disease, and strokes run in my family. I don't need another reason to die young.
6. Before, I've gone a while without eating meat (as a dare), and I actually felt lighter and more energetic.
7. I want to help save our earth.
These are just a FEW reasons why I have decided to become a vegetarian. Luckily, my boyfriend (non-veg), and my family (non-veg) are very supportive of my decision. I've actually gotten them to try soy milk, tofu, and veggie burgers!
I'm going to be continuously blogging my emotions, experiences, and thoughts. I'll also provide a wide variety of helpful vegan websites that I've yet to find :)
Vegan Beauty Review: A very informative beauty (and more) website about WHY you should become vegan/vegetarian. She also provides a lot of good vegan products on her site.